Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dog with a blog? You read it here first, while I was sleeping

A sunny day, a thick carpet, and dreams of the canine variety:
does life get better than this?
Look, I'm far from the only canine chronicling his life via the blogosphere. So I'm not sure I should sue for a production credit for the Disney sitcom Dog with a Blog. (Although another telling parallel exists: Stan, the show's dog, and I both are adopted.)

Yet here is the essential question: with so many stellar examples, as well as the enormous chunk of change that must go into producing said show, does the actual blog have to be so lame? I've been at this blogging gig for awhile now, and this Stan is clearly a neophyte. Perhaps he could use some ghost-written entries, which I'd be happy to supply.

Actually, I read several years ago, just as I began to scratch my writing itch, that blogging was passe. I'm what you'd call a late adopter, so that was the best I could do...but Disney? One would think that of all companies, they'd be out in front of things, media and technology-wise.

I can't vouch for the show itself, which I learned about from listening to Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! on WBUR.  Besides destroying brain cells, watching TV interferes with prime sleeping time. I can assure you, there's no media in my man-cave. It's designed for one thing only: sleep.