Friday, October 16, 2009

Houdini reincarnated?

If Houdini came back in another form, would it be that of a Walker Foxhound? Specifically, one named Tucker, age 2? Moi?

I knew what was coming up during my visit to the vet, so I wriggled out of my harness. “He’s a regular Houdini!” said Larissa.

Just that morning Mom had made the same observation. She put the Hokey Pokey Harness on me because the vet is opposed to the prong. Maybe she forgot that I Houdini’d out of the harness the last time we went out for a post-vet treat. I pulled the same stunt on a recent walk with my pal Kelly, who had to dump her whole pile of Milk-Bones to entice me back. Three times? That was too many for Mom.

So she marched me right over to Especially for Pets, which conveniently is located next door to the vet. While chowing through two lamb and rice sticks and associated crumbs, I turned up my considerably long nose at the purple so-called non-escape harness, so we’re off to Sudbury to get the hunting green version. No matter the color, this one looks like a creative challenge I can’t wait to try.