Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rocket loves to chew: a golden retriever pup with plenty of pluck

Meet Rocket, my new neighbor. He just moved here from Maine to a home that's had two generations of golden retrievers. I can't wait to play with him.

Rocket immediately showed appreciation for his gifts. What manners!
I can tell that he's a plucky little fellow. Mom delivered a small gift from me (two fleece braided bones she made herself) and a calendar featuring the NEADS/Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans assistance pups. Rocket, who really doesn't need to keep track of his schedule right now, focused on the bones.
My reading suggestions for Rocket: two books by Tad Hills. How Rocket Learned to Read and Rocket Writes a Story. It'll be nice to have a literate neighbor around.
Rocket may be tiny, but his teeth are sharp, as Mom discovered.