Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane safety: The cupboard under the basement stairs

You're welcome to join me
in my man-cave alternative.
While my Jersey shore relatives hunker down in an attempt to escape wind and water, I've taken up a listening post in as quiet a location I can find: the cupboard under the stairs. (Notice the antenna position of my pennant-like ears, hinged for maximal input to the cochlear area.)

Unlike Harry Potter, I was not forced, Dursley-style, into this confined spot. Mom fixed it up for me when she found me cowering under an ancient telescope. I had evacuated myself from the old family room sofa in the basement and just stood there, shivering. I mean, there is no way you could see the stars, even if it were night and the telescope were not in the basement.

I plan to wait out the storm here. If you need shelter, give me a woof and I'll make some room.