Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weighing in on the election

I tried to stay up, but I just could not keep my eyes open.
No, I don't plan to reveal my political choice, but my weight. At least, some assessments of my weight, which happened to coincide with the presidential election.

Two pieces of data: one, the suggestion by someone who observed my refusal to get in the wagon that a forklift might be in order; and two, the rating of my avoirdupois as something less than ideal by the vet at the Natick Animal Clinic. While I did lose two neck sizes this summer, the weight seems to have creeped up a bit.

Actually, there is one more datapoint: when my friend Lucy's mom made me sit for a treat, she noticed my protruding belly. I was a bit embarrassed, but not so much that I refused to eat. You know—"I'm starting my diet tomorrow" kind of thing.

So it's a good thing that I have another day o' fun planned at Natick Animal Clinic's kennels. Given that my home is under construction, placing several of my favorite sleeping places off-limits, when I removed there, I honestly did not want to leave. I'm looking forward to this second visit. With three hours of playtime, I might burn off some extra calories. Then, when Mom comes to pick me up, and I refuse to get in the car (it really is a regular thing), she'll give me plenty of extra treats to make up for any calories I lose. Because she doesn't have a forklift.